If you have a lot of images or galleries and want to find the particular one quickly then Search Plugin is a must-have addition to your FW Gallery. With this addon you & other users can quickly find a gallery or image, using its name or description.
Require FW Gallery 2.1 or higher versions installed
What does it offer?
- Option to set limit of search results
- Sorting system of sought-for items on the front-end. You can select what items should be displayed first, like newest/oldest ones, the most popular, just alphabetical order or based on section/category
- Selecting a type of sought-for items, you can define your search results, choosing FW Gallery only. As a result you avoid excess items in the list
Version 1.2.0 (March 15, 2013)
- Joomla 3.0 compatibility added
Version 1.1.0 (November 29, 2011)
- Joomla 1.6 - Joomla 1.7 compatibility added
- FW Gallery 1.6.0 support included
Version 1.0.0 (December 24, 2010)
- Search limit option added
Step 1. Log to the back-end and go to Extensions >> Install/Uninstall.
Step 2. Click Overview button, select zip-file with Search plugin and upload it.
Step 3. Go to FW Gallery >> Plugins and publish Search plugin.
Step 4. Select FW Gallery Search Plugin details and select the search limit.
Everything is done. Now you can go to your FW Gallery check additional facilities.
Note that front-end position for Search plugin can not be found automatically and in that case you should select the position manually. Go to Extensions >> Module Manager and click button New in the main toolbar. Select Search plugin in the list. Fulfill the necessary fields, like the name of the field that will be displayed on the front-end and module position on the page. In the end save the changes.