Front-end Manager Plugin
Let your friends become admins of your FW Gallery!
Now with Front-end Manager you don't have to log into the back-end to create a new gallery or upload more images or give admin access to your friends or users. This plugin creates a handy and clear admin page on the front-end and it doesn't disturb general order and design.
Require FW Gallery 2.1 or higher version installed
With Front-end Manager you can:
- create galleries and subgalleries from the front-end
- download images from the front-end
- select colour for each gallery
- multiple upload capabilities
- write, edit and remove descriptions for gallery and images
- find particular images by image name
- sort images by gallery name
- publish and unpublish galleries, subgalleries and images
- set access level for each gallery/subgallery and other features
Other important tips:
1) Front-end Manager Plugin's batch upload function works only with FW Gallery Batch Upload Plugin 1.2.1 and higher version
2) Front-end Manager Plugin gives the access only to images and galleries that a particular registered user creates not to all the categories.
4) Front-end Manager can be integrated with JomSocial Plugin! Your friends will be able to display images which they have added to your FW Gallery in their JomSocial profiles as well.
Version 1.3.1 (November 20, 2013)
- Gallery top level assignment fixed
Version 1.3.0 (March 15, 2013)
- Joomla 3.0 compatibility added
- new design
Version 1.2.2 (October 12, 2012)
- integration with Facebook Plugin: possibility for users to import/export albums from/to their Facebook pages
Version 1.2.1 (July 23, 2012)
- batch upload option added
- gallery creation on front-end: yes/no option
- FW Gallery 1.6.2 support included
Version 1.2.0 (November 29, 2011)
- Joomla 1.6 - Joomla 1.7 compatibility added
- FW Gallery 1.6.0 support included
Version 1.1.0 (May 25, 2011)
- Sub-galleries issue fixed
Version 1.0.1 (May 17, 2011)
- top galleries issue fixed
- palette display enhanced
Version 1.0.0 (February 28, 2011)
- feature to create galleries and subgalleries from the front-end
- feature to download images from the front-end
- feature to select colour for each gallery
- feature to write, edit and remove descriptions for gallery and images
- feature to find particular images by image name
- feature to sort images by gallery name
- feature to publish and unpublish galleries, subgalleries and images
- feature to set access level for each gallery/subgallery and other features
Step 1. Log in to the back-end of your Joomla! website and go to Extensions >> Install/Uninstall
Step 2. Click Overview button, find zip-file with Front-end Manager and upload it. If everything works fine, then you'll get a message "Install Component Success"
Step 3. Without leaving this page go to Components >> FW Gallery >> Plugins
Step 4. In the "List of installed FW Gallery Plugins" find Front-end Manager and go plugin's details
Step 5. Plugin's configuration is very simple, so just enable it and save the changes
Step 6. Front-end Manager plugin should be assigned to the Menu of your Joomla! website, so without leaving this page proceed to Menus >> Main Menu. Note that you can assign the plugin to any menu of your site.
Step 7. New menu field for Front-end Manager should be created, so click button "New"
Step 8. Clicking FW Gallery you can see a drop-down list. Find Front-end Manager and select "Default Layout"
Step 9. Type the title for the menu item, select the order and save the changes.
Front-end Manager is ready for work and you can go to the front-end and try it!