FW Gallery is a high-end and multifunctional Joomla photo gallery component that allows you to create your own online album in a minute. It is very simple to install, easy to use and it doesn't require any special knowledge.
This photo component provides you with full control over the galleries and images layout and the quantity of displayed information on your site. Moreover, it has lots of commercial & non-commercial addon to cover any requirement.
FW Gallery includes the following features:
- iPhone application
- JoomFish integration*
- Sub-galleries support with nested-level structure
- Capacity to read EXIF information
- Back-end image rotation
- Gallery access limit option
- Gallery/image description fields
- Configurable galleries/images sizes and frames
- Watermark option: downloaded file/text option
- Voting system: public/registered only
- Galleries/images sorting options
- Lightbox effect with zoom in option
- “New” icon indication: configurable number of days
- Copyright: Yes/No option
- Configurable date format
- Different colors for every gallery
- Mechanism for integration with external services such as Facebook, Picasa
- Option to hide galleries/images names/authors
- Menu items for: All Galleries, Several Galleries, Single Gallery and Single Image Views
- Download and print buttons
- Templates support: 1 template included + 8 to your taste
- 8 languages included
* if you need to translate using JoomFish please upload fw_gallery.zip and unzip it in the folder /your_web_root/administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements/
FW Gallery component is the perfect choice for you to manage images on your website. With FW Gallery you are able to easily create, edit, delete albums with images using friendly customizable interface. This component includes such options as thumbnail creation, image resizing, watermark, description, slideshow effects, etc. So, FW Gallery is the best way to present your albums!
Yes, it uses native Joomla SEF engine and work perfectly with all SEF components that work with Joomla. Besides we have tested FW Gallery with the following SEF components:
- Artio JoomSEF v3.5.3
Yes, you can buy and install the component on so many domains as you need.
Not in this version. But we work on component design for the next release and templates will be available very soon. You are welcome to share your thoughts and opinion on this question here.
The current version of FW Gallery offers Russian, Ukrainian, Italian, French, Spanish, German and Greek translations. If you want to translate it into other language you need:
1. Rename the translated file to xx-XX.com_fwgallery.ini, where xx-XX is your languag; 2. Place it to the corresponding folder with language files.
Yes, you will be notified as soon as we release a new version of the component. You will receive a link to download new version.
All data will be safe and will remain in the component after update.
If you are not satisfied with the present version or you miss any feature from the old version, then you should just contact us. We will send you the necessary version through e-mail.
You need a site with Joomla 1.5.x CMS installed and permission to install components and modules. Installing component and module will require some basic knowledge of Joomla. Also make sure you have all requirements met to avoid problems during installation process.
If you have any issues that are not described here please don't hesitate to contact us.
This component is easy to install like other Joomla! components. It will take you a few minutes to install it. You can use our documentation which will help with installation and usage. Anyway if you have any problems please do not hesitate to contact us. Our specialists will answer you as soon as we receive your request.
All the images that you`ve uploaded earlier will be saved. There is no need to upload them again.
Now you don't need to uninstall FW Gallery from the beck-end of your website, in order to upload the new version. We took into account our customers' opinion and now you just upload the new version of the component and it updates automatically.
Yes. Right after you become our client you get our support on any questions related to services you purchased. We will do our best to serve as fast as possible.
Please contact us to submit a request.
Please note that the current version of FW Gallery comes in package with Import Plugin. So you need first unzip the file you see and upload: com_fwgallery and plg_fwgallery in consecutive order.
1. To connect to hosting account where your web site is placed through ftp or hosting panel2. To open the folder "images", that is placed in the root of web-site.3. There you must find the folder "com_fwgallery". If it is not there you should create it manually. 4. Set permissions 777 for this folder and sub-folders. 5. Upload the images. In case the problem persists, please contact us on this page.
Voting system works according to your settings. If you select “Public voting” in the “Configuration”, then you should know that all the guests of your website will be able to leave votes for the images. If you select “No” in the field “Public voting” then only registered users will be able to vote.
Go to the back-end of your Joomla! website, select FW Gallery in the “Component” 's drop-down list and go to “Configuration”. Click button “Edit” >> “Display icon “New” (days)” and in the field you type zero (0). Save the changes.
file >> components/com_fwgallery/views/gallery/tmpl/default_item.php
You will need to install and publish FW Gallery Batch Upload Plugin for this purpose.
You will need to install and publish FW Gallery Manual Resize Plugin in order to control sizes of your images.
You will need to install and publish FW Gallery Content Plugin which allows you to insert a chosen one or several images from your gallery into the article.
FW Gallery Comment Plugin is the best choice for your FW Gallery, if you want to make your gallery vivid and modern. Using this plugin you let your friends discuss your Joomla photo albums, using the most popular commenting systems.
FW Gallery Fancy Slideshow allows you to place your gallery in any part of your website and to display it in a fancy way. Using 5 different slide effects you will turn a usual gallery viewing into a real pleasure!
How can I export images from FW Gallery to Facebook albums or back?
If you want to make your images from FW Gallery display in your JomSocial profile, then FW Gallery JomSocial plugin is your solution. With this plugin you can publish as many images in your profile, as you like and you can control not just their general quantity in the profile, but their size, order and number per row.
You need to install and publish FW Gallery Search plugin. This extension will save your time. It allows you to restrict your search and to sort the sought-for items.
There are usually 2 reasons why Lightbox is not working:1. Java scripts are switched off in your browser.2. Our lightbox is based on Mootools scripts integrated in Joomla. Another version of Mootools or Jquery scripts are installed on your site not in a proper way what damages the lightbox functionality.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to Contact Us.
You need to go to the file:
and whether delete line 9 font: normal 12px/18px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; (then the fonttype of the template will be applied)
whether replace this line with the necessary fonttype.
After the update of an extension all the changes, which you have made before, will disappear, because you download a new extension and Joomla! doesn't remember the changes. If you have modified an extension, changed the color of the font type, its style, changed some signs or icons, etc. then you should understand that all these changes will disappear after the update and, if you want to restore these, then you need to repeate the changes once again.
Version 2.3.2 (August 22, 2013)
- Single Tag Layout added
- iPhone App empty galleries crash fix
- Other minor bugs fixes
Version 2.3.1 (July 4, 2013)
- Tags bug fixed
- Translation minor fixes
Version 2.3 (June 14, 2013)
- Language manager
- Tag system
- Pinterest integration - icon for sharing images in Pinterest
- Real image size for download
Version 2.2 (April 22, 2013)
Version 2.1 (February 28, 2013)
- Joomla 3.0 compatibility added
- New lightbox
Version 2.0 (September 21, 2012)
- iPhone app for FW Gallery support
- possibility to assign several galleries to menu item (choosing among all galleries)
- hide Single Image Layout: Yes/No option
- minor changes/fixes
Version 1.6.3 (August 6, 2012)
- compatibility with FW Gallery Stock Plugin
Version 1.6.2 (July 23, 2012)
- language files compatible with Joomla 2.5.x
- possibility to order images by their voting-result
- pagination in subcategory
- download and print buttons
- ordering for the galleries in back-end
- thumbnails on Single Image View: yes/no option
- minor changes/fixes
Version 188.8.131.52 (May 29, 2012)
- compatibility with FW Gallery Carousel Module
- number of minor changes
Version 1.6.1 (March 22, 2012)
- compatibility with Joomla 2.5x added
- mechanism for integration with external services such as Facebook & Picasa improved
- paginator improved
- images ordering corrections
Version 184.108.40.206 (November 29, 2011)
- FW Gallery Front-end Management 1.2.0 support enhanced
- FW Gallery menu items assignment fixed
- "Public write access" option fixed
- minor fixes
Version 1.6.0 (November 17, 2011)
- Joomla 1.6.x - Joomla 1.7.x support added
Version 1.5.7 (May 25, 2011)
- FW Gallery templates support added
- German and Spanish language files improved
Version 1.5.6 (May 11, 2011)
- FW Video Gallery Plugin support added
- FW Gallery Templates support included
- image display bug fixed
- watermark issue fixed
- voting system fixed
Version 1.5.5 (March 30, 2011)
- lightbox yes/no effect option
- notification for non-registered users to register for voting
- JoomFish integration added
Version 1.5.4. (February 28, 2011)
- FW Gallery Front-end Manager support added
- Spanish language file improved
- Voting in IE bugs fixed
Version 1.5.3 (January 28,2011)
- bug with big image size is fixed
- language files improved
- layout upgraded
- voting system enhanced
- limit for display of sub-galleries is removed
- option to hide gallery name added
Version 1.5.2 (December 23, 2010)
- gallery access limit option added
- gallery design improved
- update without uninstallation/installation
- new add-ons support (front-end management plugin, jomsocial plugin, search plugin)
- minor fixes
Version 1.5.1 (December, 14, 2010)
- breadcrumbs and SEF links work improved
- missed language file constants added
- FW Gallery Facebook Plugin support included
- Russian and Ukrainian language files added
Version 1.5.0 (November, 30, 2010)
- sub-galleries support added
- absolutely new lightbox effect with zoom in facility added
- gallery design improved: new galleries/images boxes
- different colour themes added
- global sorting option added: images/galleries sorting
- public voting added
- watermark upgraded: option to type text and to select several positions added
- capacity of reading exif information added
- rotation of images in the back-end added
- FW templates support included
- beautiful SEF links added
Version 220.127.116.11 (October, 29, 2010)
- bug with renaming images fixed
- option to set number of images and galleries per page
Version 18.104.22.168 (October, 21, 2010)
- free space between images in a single gallery view reduced
- error catching system improved
Version 22.214.171.124 (September, 24, 2010)
- strong tag removed from image in lightbox
Version 1.4.4 (September 23, 2010)
- import plugin is included in FW Gallery package
- CSS styles fixed for lightbox effect
- display limit option added in configuration options
- images removal fixed when gallery is removed
Version 1.4.3 (September 15, 2010
- comment plugin support added
- import plugin support added
- minor changes/fixes
Version 1.4.2 (September 2, 2010)
- FW Gallery Fancy Slideshow Module integration support added
- minor changes
Version 1.4.1 (August 17, 2010)
- display gallery sorting option is added
- option to create index.html file for each new gallery is added
Version 1.4 (August 16, 2010)
- extra plugins support functionality added
- Copyright yes/no option added
Version 1.3.1 (August 3, 2010)
- English and Spanish language files are added
- new checking installation file is added
- component description is edited
Version 1.3 (July 30, 2010)
- lightbox bug fixed (now clicking on image it will open it in Lighbox and clicking title it will take you to Image page);
- design improved: galleries design, images design, single image page design;
- date format option added;
- added option to set number of galleries per row;
- added option to set number of images per row;
- added option to set number of days during which image has a "new" icon;
- added option to hide Views in Image view.
Version 1.2.1 (July 23, 2010)
- Language file
- Single Image page can be assigned to menu item
- Fixed paginator behaviour
- Added Item id to all links for keeping menu item assigned
Version 1.2 (July 22, 2010)
- separate image view - browse images individually
- lightbox option in a gallery view (now you can either see image in lightbox or view as a separate page)
- fixed paginator style bug
- language file added
- single image page can be assigned to menu item
- fixed paginator behaviour
- added Itemid to all links for keeping menu item assigned
Version 1.1 (July 13, 2010)
- image preview is fixed
- light boxes are fixed and works in Internet Explorer 7.8
- minor css changes
- page title is added in main galleries page
- page title is added in single gallery page
Version 1.0 (July 8, 2010)
- slide show option
- width/height options for image and thumb
- gallery description option
- image description option
- sort images option
- easy back-end management
- voting system
- paginator settings
- watermark option
Have any suggestions or ideas? Share them with us placing posts via contact us.
1. Log into your Joomla! Administrator Panel and go to Extensions >> Install/Uninstall:
2. Click on Overview button and select a zip-file with FW Gallery and upload it:
3. If everything works fine, you will get the message "Install Component Success"
4. Go to Extensions >> Install/Uninstall >> Components and enable it.
5. Assign FW Gallery to menu. Choose the Menu where you would like your gallery to be shown. For example, select Main Menu:
6. Click on New button on the right upper corner:
7. Select FW Gallery and three categories will be opened: Galleries View, Single Gallery View,Single Image View:
8. If you want all three categories to be assigned to main menu, make the same procedure for each of them. This is the example for Galleries category: click the Default Layout and make appropriate changes i.e. write the title and click Save.
9. Make sure all three menu items are published!
10. To use it go to Components >> FW Gallery
11. Go to Galleries to create your first gallery. Click New button:
12. Create a gallery and add its title and description.
13. Upload images and add descriptions.
14. Go to Config to change image\thumb sizes and other displaying settings: