Picasa Import Plugin
Have a great number of images in Picasa albums and have no idea how to move them to your own photography website? We have a great solution for you! Just three quick steps to create your own photography site filled in with images from Picasa: 1) install FW Gallery; 2) install Picasa Import Plugin; 3) Select the albums you want to import from Picasa to your site.
Require FW Gallery 2.1 or higher versions installed
Whar does it offer?
- It imports albums with images from Picasa https://picasaweb.google.com to your site built with FW Gallery.The process of import is very quick and easy.
- It is easy and quick in usage. Just one click and all your Picasa albums will be moved to your FW Gallery. You can import images to the galleries that already exist or create new ones with the same names.
- It saves names of galleries. You don't need to write names of every album again after importing.
- It saves names of images. Every image imported from your Picasa album already has the same name.
Picasa Import Plugin currently does not do:
- export FW Gallery albums to Picasa ones
- import images with comments
- import albums that are locked to public
- work without FW Gallery
If you haven't found the reply to your question below, please contact us.
1. I have installed the plugin successfully but I can't find the plugin in FW Gallery Plugins section. What am I doing wrong?
Make sure that you have enabled the plugin. You check this here: Extensions > Plugin Manager.
2. I have followed all the steps you described but can't see my Picasa galleries in the plugin drop-down list. What am I doing wrong?
Please note that Import Plugin allows you to import only albums that are public. It means that you need to make your hidden albums public at least for the moment of import. Then import them and that's it.
3. What should I enter in the field Gallery username?
Please enter your username used when registered on https://picasaweb.google.com.
4. I need to export albums from FW Gallery to Picasa. How can I do that?
Export feature is not available at the moment but we will add this feature to the next version. If you need export urgently, please note that we accept custom work. Please contact our Development Team and get a quote and time frame.
Version 1.1.0 (March 19, 2013)
- Joomla 3.0 compatibility added
Version 1.0.0 (April 20, 2012)
- AJAX import Picasa albums into FW Gallery
- Joomla 1.5 - Joomla 2.5 support
- FW Gallery 1.6.1 support
- import names of galleries and images
Part 1. How to Install
Please log into your site Joomla Administration and click on Extension Manager.
Click on Overview button and select the plugin to upload.
If you see the successfull installing message (like below), it means that you've done everything properly.
Part 2. How to Use
In the opened section please put in your Picasa Gallery Username and press Load galleries. Then you will be able to select any gallery from your Picasa albums. After this please Select a local gallery you want the Picasa gallery to be uploaded to (existing ones or create a new one). Please press Import button.
Part 3. How to Upgrade
Important! If you customized the plugin yourself or via our Extensions Customization service, do not update the version of the plugin as it is displyaed below. Otherwise you will loose your changes.
To use the latest version, just install it over the previous one via Extension Manager.
Experience any troubles on any of the steps above? Please contact us and our Support Team will help you!