In this version, we have improved the product with several new features and a set of updates and bug fixes. Video gallery cover has become one of the most prominent features of this release. Let’s review its benefits and all other changes below:
- Gallery video cover with preview. Earlier you could use only images as preview covers for your galleries, now you can also use videos as preview covers. The video is automatically played on hovering. Video preview cover allows to animate your galleries enabling your customers to quickly scan through the gallery content. This feature is particularly helpful for businesses using catalogs and portfolios to showcase their products and services.
Documentation reference: Galleries.
- Beauty design. A new Beauty design with new fonts and green/spa colors is a sound solution for beauty industry websites. Now you have more options for styling your galleries.
- Option defining the length of gallery/image preview description. Now you can set the length of the gallery/image preview description. This feature allows to save screen space and improve web page usability. It is particularly helpful when a gallery/image description is too long.
Documentation reference: Displaying settings.
- Lightbox for all designs. Lightbox allows to view images on the same page without leaving it. Thus, the user receives information faster and doesn’t have to take extra actions. Now Lightbox is available for all designs - Palaroids, Pinterest, Classis, Default, and Masonry.
- New full image preview lightbox script. The previous lightbox script cropped images and had glitches on responsive views. We have replaced the script to ensure better visual presentation and good user experience.
- Removed formatting from gallery preview description. In order to improve the readability of the gallery preview image, we have removed formatting from gallery preview description. Now the description on the gallery preview image is displayed as plain text.
- Default gallery cover parameter. We have added this parameter to make it possible for you to choose a gallery cover from the images that are already present within the gallery. Thus, you don’t need to upload it manually every time you need to set a gallery cover.
Documentation reference: Galleries.
- Slideshow/latest module display via file/gallery description. We have added the ability to insert a slideshow or latest module into the image description. This feature is particularly helpful if you need to provide additional information to the image/gallery.
- Download button for a menu item. This feature allows for more flexibility. For example, if you use FW Gallery not as a photo gallery, but as a tool to promote your products and services, you might not need a download button on all pages. So now, if you don’t need the download button to be present for all galleries, you can easily disable it where it is needed.
- Files counter for a menu item. If the number of files is not required to be displayed for a particular menu item, you can disable/enable the parameter on the menu item level.
- Safari optimization. We have optimized the component for Safari to ensure smooth Safari experience.
- Watermark display. We have resolved the problem with watermark text display over the images.
- Comments display. It was impossible to disable comments via menu item settings. Now you can work with comments on both levels - menu item and default gallery configuration.
- Latest module optimization for a lightbox. We have fixed the problem with Latest module layouts display within the lightbox. Now all layouts work fine with lightbox.
- Links display in gallery preview description. We have resolved the issue with incorrect links display within the gallery preview description.
- Show backlink option for default gallery settings. It was impossible to set show backlink option via default gallery settings. Now it is available in default gallery settings.
- Bellow gallery description display. We have fixed the problem with the below description option. Now you can place a description underneath the gallery.
- Gallery preview display in Masonry. We have aligned the gallery preview image for Masonry format.
- Files ordering. We have added files ordering buttons in the files section.
- Language files update. We have updated language files to fix some missing translations.
Get familiar with FW Gallery documentation to find more information about our product. Please use the comments section at the bottom of each documentation page to comment and suggest improvements that will make the product experience better.