Online food ordering system with payment and delivery options. Responsive menu with meals promo and add-ons, individual category/sub-category design and layout settings for café, bars and restaurants.
Current version: 4.9.0
Release date: 07 December 2021
- or higher
Responsive Online Menu
Mobile friendly layouts for best performance and look on any device. Default minimalistic design is built on Bootstrap and can use its own library to avoid conflicts.
Category list or Menu layout available for menu items. Every layout has additional menu item options for final tuning. Available add-ons can be tuned on/off as needed.
Categories & sub-categories
Unlimited number of categories and sub-categories allowed. Food, drinks menu categories designed by any criteria in any sequence.
Price currency parameters for proper sign and abbreviation codes. Currency is used for Online Order add-on to show price and calculate total.
Meal HTML description
Create your menu style with HTML description for every meal. If you need to change look and feel of every item pay attention to design add-ons.
Individual category settings
Categories has their own settings and can configured individually. It allows to make empty parent category and then have sub-category listed in 2 columns.
Text and image blocks
Use empty category HTML description to add text and image blocks in-between other categories or on a side.
Use Quick Meals and Quick Categories to create menu structure in fill it with data in minutes in a text mode.
FW Food Menu Product Change Log
Version 4.9.0 (Minor) released on 07 Dec 2021, 1 modification
- Translation system update and corrections to work with a new Overrides system.
Version 4.8.5 (Maintenance) released on 24 Nov 2021, 1 modification
- Translation algorithm update to remove email placeholders from translated content.
Version 4.8.4 (Maintenance) released on 14 Oct 2021, 8 modifications
- Renamed Translations into Languages in admin section.
- Added language file status to track if it matches the original or was modified.
- Added Request button to generate installed language which doesn't have a language pack for the latest product version.
- Added Language button statuses to indicate what is happening when the button is clicked.
- The Wizard shows if there are language packs available for installation.
- Removed email notification when requested language file is ready for download.
- Active category on mobile menu layout is now scrolled to be visible.
- Show empty categories if published.
Version 4.8.3 (Maintenance) released on 08 Oct 2021, 2 modifications
- Modal windows optimization for old versions of Bootstrap in admin section.
- Wizard CSS styles fix.
Version 4.8.2 (Maintenance) released on 07 Oct 2021, 1 modification
- Critical bug fixed "500 JHtml draggablelist not found" for Joomla 3.x.
Version 4.8.1 (Maintenance) released on 06 Oct 2021, 1 modification
- Meal badges SVG Chrome fix - CSS style for masking SVG.
Version 4.8.0 (Minor) released on 06 Oct 2021, 9 modifications
- Meals list drag & drop ordering in admin section.
- Categories list drag & drop ordering in admin section.
- New language translation concept.
- Location settings in admin now has Phone field that is shown in FWFM Working hours module.
- Add-ons in admin section will always show up in the same places, when installed.
- Show empty categories on the website view.
- Scroll active category to be visible on tablet/mobile view navigation.
- Tables design update in admin section.
- All admin section filter dropdowns update list upon option selection.
Version 4.7.2 (Maintenance) released on 23 Sep 2021, 1 modification
- Quick Meals import didn't import price and label correctly after recent FWFM Price & Modifiers update.
Version 4.7.1 (Maintenance) released on 22 Sep 2021, 1 modification
- Call to undefined method fwfmGlobalParams::toString() bug fixed.
Version 4.7.0 (Minor) released on 21 Sep 2021, 5 modifications
- New intuitive lightweight admin design.
- Demo data installation for a clean website.
- Admin tabs will now re-open after saving parameters or any other actions on the tabs.
- Site CSS updated to add new styles for the next level FWFM Meal Badges add-on.
- Manual add-ons configuration parameter Add-ons layout settings is set to Hide by default.
Version 4.6.1 (Maintenance) released on 01 Sep 2021, 3 modifications
- Checkout design update for FWFM Order Online add-on.
- Side categories responsive CSS update.
- Usability bug fixes.
Version 4.6.0 (Minor) released on 31 Aug 2021, 7 modifications
- New admin Location & Delivery Settings.
- New design colors for easy design adjustments.
- Integration with new FWFM Prices & Extras add-on modifiers.
- Integration with new FWFM Time & Hours add-on.
- Integration with new FWFM Delivery add-on.
- Lots of bug fixing and code cleanup.
- Online order optimization.
Version 4.5.0 (Minor) released on 05 Aug 2021, 9 modifications
- New Admin -> Orders section with a detailed order info and fully responsive layout.
- New Admin -> Meals filter to sort by published/unpublished state.
- Update to site menu meals layout for better responsive experience and Online Order filtering options.
- Improved responsive columns output for menu categories for site layouts.
- Admin Wizard notifications badge color update to make it more noticeable.
- Admin layout responsive styles corrections to look nice on any device.
- Grouped Admin add-ons parameters into 2 main sections Meals Layout and Category Layout.
- Admin ->CSS Styles editors fix to allow easy selection of existing CSS styles and copying them over to Custom CSS for modifications.
- CSS styles corrections for FWFM Promo add-on.
Version 4.4.1 (Maintenance) released on 15 Jul 2021, 3 modifications
- Admin styles update.
- Categories filter bar layout corrections.
- Missing language translations fix.
Version 4.4.0 (Minor) released on 13 Jul 2021, 6 modifications
- Redesigned Admin panel to use available space more efficiently.
- Fully responsive Admin panel.
- Wizard assistant to help with key steps for straightforward configuration and management process.
- Better add-ons interaction and data exchange.
- Admin CSS Styles update to make design CSS tabs editable for easier text copying.
- Renamed "Save" button to "Save Custom CSS" to make more obvious the fact that only Custom CSS can be edited and stored in the database.
Version 4.3.7 (Maintenance) released on 11 Mar 2021, 3 modifications
- Admin Add-ons filter layout update.
- Meal price currency correction to show symbol in a input group the right way.
- FWFM Order Online add-on checkout button styles.
Version 4.3.4 (Maintenance) released on 10 Mar 2021, 1 modification
- FWFM Order Online new tables fix that were ignored in a previous release.
Version 4.3.3 (Maintenance) released on 07 Mar 2021, 3 modifications
- Admin Add-ons design renovation. New add-ons item designs and filters. Designs are grouped in a separate section.
- FWFM Order Online add-on bottom cart styles.
- File upload security review and updates.
Version 4.3.2 (Maintenance) released on 02 Mar 2021, 3 modifications
- FWFM Order Online styling for new design of order update notifications.
- Admin CSS styling update.
- FWFM Order Online bugfix when storing order date.
Version 4.3.1 (Maintenance) released on 27 Feb 2021, 1 modification
- FWFM Columns styles update for global non-breaking categories columns.
Version 4.3.0 (Minor) released on 26 Feb 2021, 3 modifications
- New bootstrap 4.6 alert toasts in Administration panel
- Global wrapper for FWFM Columns to let arrange top categories in vertical columns with Allow column breaking option set to Deny.
- More Joomla! 4 compatibility
Version 4.2.0 (Minor) released on 22 Feb 2021, 1 modification
- Date format admin settings to choose preferred date format in all FW Food Menu layouts and add-ons.
Version 4.1.0 (Minor) released on 19 Feb 2021, 3 modifications
- Bootsrap upgrade to version 4.6
- FWFM Order Online styles update and mobile version review
- FWFM Order Basket styles clean up, new cart design and responsive styles update
Version 4.0.0 (Major) released on 08 Feb 2021, 2 modifications
- Joomla! 4.0 compatibility. All add-ons MUST be updated in order to work with FW Food Menu v4.0!
- Full context help review and update.
Version 3.0.1 (Maintenance) released on 13 Jan 2021, 7 modifications
- When selecting categories in Admin parameters now you will see a category id next to it.
- FWFM Categories List will now show all categories even with turned off titles by default.
- Multilingual function update allowing variations of the same language. Also affected FWFM Meal badges and FWFM Multilingual.
- Data Management in Admin backup update to collect all new data.
- FWFM Admin: category Design tab cards CSS to put them together as one list.
- FWFM Category PDF: update in component layout and CSS in main component.
- Critical bugfix: new menu in admin was producing a fatal error. Works now.
Version 3.0.0 (Major) released on 24 Dec 2020, 24 modifications
- Totally new Translations concept that allow to install 109 language interface translations depending on your website languages used.
- Integration with a new FWFM Meals Promo module.
- Integration with a new FWFM SEO Booster add-on that adds meta tags and Google structured data.
- Quick Categories: allow adding short description parameter.
- Quick Melas now allow to import labels for a price like "2.50 | 30 ml".
- Tob/bottom description position for sub-categories.
- Admin Dashboard Services section above Add-ons shows related to FW Food Menu services for easy order.
- Admin Categories list now shows Subcategories column to indicate all categories that it contains.
- Admin Categories list now shows Columns column representing a column setting for a category.
- Category alignment parameter for a category with left/right/center values to align category title and short description.
- Align meal parameter with left/right/center values define meal title, price and description alignment inside its box.
- New parameter Categories in a row for Categories layout. Previously it was always 3 items.
- Category layout now has Meals Total parameter with Show by default that represents number of published meals in a category.
- Category layout now has View Menu parameter, defining if View Menu button is shown.
- Category layout now has a Short Description parameter that controls its visibility.
- Category layout Image Title parameter controls its visibility and position.
- New Short Description parameter in a category Design tab to control it's visibility.
- When a new meal is created it is published by default.
- Quick Categories & Meals: items are published after import. Were unpublished before.
- Quick Categories & Meals: import progress indicator with a counter.
- Optimize Meals layout structure and blocks for more flexible design and presentation.
- Fixed few issues that could ignore redefined in designs category layouts.
- Add Badges menu item in Admin main menu when FWFM Meal Badges installed.
- Prices were not copying with the meals. They do now.
Version 2.7.0 (Minor) released on 17 Sep 2020, 4 modifications
- - Totally reworked context help in Admin section with detailed description in every section and add-on references for functionality added by add-ons.
- - Every parameter in admin and add-on now has its translation and hint.
- - All list tables have column hints.
- - All language constants are unified and synced.
Version 2.6.1 (Maintenance) released on 10 Sep 2020, 1 modification
- Show empty categories on a front-end.
Version 2.6.0 (Minor) released on 28 Jul 2020, 8 modifications
- New Badges section for new FWFM Meal Badges add-on.
- Advanced "Add-ons menu settings" parameter in admin settings to simplify add-ons configuration on menu item page.
- A category title image if FWFM Images plugin enabled.
- In admin Settings all Add-ons parameters moved to Add-ons tab for clarity.
- Add-ons page in admin Add-ons section to present full information about add-on with Version and Subscription option.
- Full Import/Export review to make sure all data get stored and processed.
- Clean up for menu item layout options and grouping parameters by add-ons.
- Admin Dashboard component update button bug fixed.
Version 2.5.0 (Minor) released on 18 Jun 2020, 5 modifications
- Admin Dashboard: add-ons section will now show documentation and demo links when available. You will be able to upgrade your component and add-ons just from admin Dashboard.
- Admin Translations: copying constants to Overrides option. Also an icon will appear if a constant has an override which means ignoring any value set in language file.
- Admin Dashboard: component section separated from add-ons list.
- Admin Dashboard: install all and update all buttons will appear in add-ons section header if available.
- Admin general: language file wording update.
Version 2.4.0 (Minor) released on 14 May 2020, 1 modification
- Price ending zero parameter that allows to show/hide ending zeros in pricing decimal part.
Version 2.3.2 (Maintenance) released on 15 Apr 2020, 1 modification
- A typo in SQL query that resulted in inability to verify account in Admin panel.
Version 2.3.1 (Maintenance) released on 09 Apr 2020, 1 modification
- Update link was not rendered properly giving error at automatic Joomla! update.
Version 2.3.0 (Minor) released on 08 Apr 2020, 2 modifications
- Add-ons badges to help you see most popular, new, recommended and add-ons that have updates available.
- Add-on view page that provides detailed information on add-ons which is being constantly updated.
Version 2.2.0 (Minor) released on 20 Mar 2020, 4 modifications
- New Orders section in Admin. Requires FWFM Order Online add-on to activate.
- Added individual class fwfm-menu-item-[meal-id] to meal container on front-end for CSS styling.
- Code update to make add-ons work smooth via standard Joomla! update system.
- Removed limit to show empty categories and sub-categories. Now if you want to hide empty just keep them unpublished.
Version 2.1.2 (Maintenance) released on 13 Mar 2020, 1 modification
- Special update to make extension add-ons work with Joomla! native update system and show updates available if logged in into Fastw3b account with client Access Code.
Version 2.1.1 (Maintenance) released on 11 Mar 2020, 1 modification
- Removed limit to show empty categories to help adding text blocks inside a menu.
Version 2.1.0 (Minor) released on 03 Feb 2020, 5 modifications
- Font Size parameter in component global Settings. As all CSS for FW Food menu is using "rem" which is relative size unit. Increasing decreasing font size help adjust sizing for FW Food Menu design.
- Batch Operations in Meals now allow to move selected meals into a different category.
- Moved Add-ons section to second top in menu to make it more obvious. Also added deals and shop filter links to help identify available for purchase add-ons.
- Category list in Admin now has a link to meals in that category that opens Meals section with meals filtered by this category.
- Backup allows now to process selected categories. Also Images and PDF backup is available is respective add-ons are installed.
Version 2.0.1 (Maintenance) released on 09 Jan 2020, 1 modification
- Layout fixes that caused error when configured to show on front-end.
Version 2.0.0 (Major) released on 11 Dec 2019, 25 modifications
- New concept: free extension + addo-ns. From now on our main extension is forever free. Functionality and design can be extended by installing different add-ons which can be free and paid. Browse Add-ons section to see all available features and designs.
- Fastw3b account verification moved on top of side menu. As linking account is critical for downloading purchased add-ons we made it more obvious and easier to find.
- Categories have individual settings and keep them wherever they are shown on the front-end. Global settings are inherited by parent an then child categories, but can be changed at any level.
- Default extension design is now pure minimalistic Bootstrap layouts for categories and menu pages. It can be extended or redefined with installed designs or via CSS Styles section.
- Designs are now separate add-ons, which can be turned on and off. CSS Styles section now shows CSS files of installed designs in separate read only tabs.
- Quick Categories button in admin list of categories allow to create quickly menu category tree in a simple text mode.
- Quick Meals allows to add quickly all meals to a category with price, name and description. Other parameters should be configured individually.
- Promo Plugin now have the icons next to a meal name. Parameter can be set to text badges which will add text badges instead of icons under the name.
- Color & Background Plugin now allows to set whole category or individual meal background color, text color or background image.
- New global settings to load Bootstrap v.4 and Font Awesome 5 we use. In case your template already have these libraries installed you can turn them off.
- Category List layout on front-end now has meals counter for each category.
- Category List menu item option allows to select multiple categories now rather than one parent category as it was before. This helps to load every category with its own columns settings rather than only parent category configuration.
- Data Management backups are now downloadable just right after they were created with a download link rather than go via FTP to backups folder.
- Categories list update in Admin section: search field that looks up category name and description.
- Categories list update in Admin section: parent category filter to narrow down category tree branches if it is too big.
- Categories list update in Admin section: state filter to browse through published and unpublished categories separately.
- Images plugin: Display image parameter was merged with Meal image position as Hide parameter.
- Promo plugin: Promo filter for menu item is available if plugin is installed and adds a special layout to show meals grouped by promo option on the same page.
- Promo plugin: in Meals list in Admin section Promo column got Set as Recommended button to set a recommended meal with one click just from the list.
- Promo plugin: Promo layout is a separate page now with layout defined in menu item and design configured in categories items are shown from.
- Prices & Discounts plugin: Size field was duplicating Label functionality and was removed.
- When category is displayed on front-end and Page Heading is set to be shown it would be a category name if other is not set in a Page Heading parameter in a menu item.
- Cascading Layout plugin: now loads different categories with AJAX to show every category exactly as it was designed.
- PDF Download Plugin: parameters are now grouped on a meal edit page and are only visible if plugin is installed and enabled.
- PDF Download Plugin: a special column is added to show if PDF was uploaded for a category.
Version 1.9.0 (Minor) released on 05 Sep 2019, 2 modifications
- Aliases added to category names to allow the same category names in menu structure. Switched all links building to aliases and removed category name limitations.
- Added page limit to category listing in admin section. Would be helpful for long menus with sophisticated structure.
Version 1.8.0 (Minor) released on 06 Jul 2019, 4 modifications
- Cascading menu tabs now have a separate links. Any page has its own URL rather than showing the first page as before.
- Column categories alignment. Now you can choose if you have menu categories as a flow or a new column each.
- Cascading menu applies all category parameters now like any other category.
- Mobile optimization for special meals on Italian and Coffee designs.
Version 1.7.2 (Maintenance) released on 28 Jun 2019, 1 modification
- Category description setting Show Bottom. Allows category description to be configured on the bottom of a menu. Works for Category Module as well.
Version 1.7.1 (Maintenance) released on 06 Jun 2019, 2 modifications
- Category view Menu Displaying Settings to control single category layout view.
- No image was shown was shown for single category meals even if the images were added.
Version 1.7.0 (Minor) released on 02 Jun 2019, 9 modifications
- Category layout. Created a new layout for meal categories styled with name and short description with meals slideshow displayed on hover.
- 3 columns layout. Added a parameter allowing to set 3 columns menu. Looks really cool with image on top new parameter.
- Image top/right/left parameter. Added a parameter allowing choose where you want an image to be shown in relation to text description.
- Meal item color and image background. If you want to add some style to a category you can set different coloring for meal items. Promo items will still overwrite default coloring.
- Recommended promo option. New badge to indicate meals you want people to pay attention to and also group them in a separate view if needed.
- Category description left/right parameter. Added a new parameter allowing to change category description position. Now you can keep the text on the side and show meals in column(s) rather than underneath.
- Promo Category filter. Allows to group not only categories, but promo options to show them on a separate page and style the way you need.
- Cascading layout description. We missed description for Cascading layout. Now it is there.
- Select categories for cascading layout. Added select categories parameter to cascading layout settings allowing to display particular categories for a menu item.
Version 1.6.1 (Maintenance) released on 02 May 2019, 2 modifications
- CSS height gap fix on Cascading Menu layout.
- Meal Category module language constants update.
Version 1.6.0 (Minor) released on 29 Apr 2019, 8 modifications
- Cascading Menu Layout. The new layout allows to display a full menu on one page along with first level category filters to switch between them.
- Promo options display in a category filter. Added a parameter which helps to show only deals on a page as a separate category.
- Native Food Menu CSS file in the admin section. Added the native Food Menu CSS file in Admin section so you could edit CSS styles of the component directly via Joomla! admin panel.
- Renamed Default design to Italian. Renamed Default design to Italian in order to avoid confusion with default setting allowing to set priority between menu item and global configuration.
- Category Layout title display. Fixed the display of menu item title.
- Category Module design and title display. Fixed the display of the module design and title.
- Descriptions for CSS Style section. Added descriptions to CSS Style section to help understand how to customize CSS to avoid loss after updates.
- Removed decimal zeros from menu prices. The menu prices displayed with decimals which make no sense.
Version 1.5.2 (Maintenance) released on 14 Mar 2019, 3 modifications
- Layout designs for FW Meal Category Module. Added Coffee Shop and Italian layout design as module settings.
- Optimized two columns menu for mobile layout. Two columns menu looked crowded on the mobile screen.
- Meal of the day promo display. Meal of the day specials didn’t appear at the top of the menu.
Version 1.5.1 (Maintenance) released on 05 Mar 2019, 1 modification
- Category module showed component's category if they were configured on the same page. Updated caching mechanism to avoid conflict.
Version 1.5.0 (Minor) released on 01 Mar 2019, 10 modifications
- Two layers menu. Now categories can be split into subcategories for clear and concise menu presentation.
- Coffee Shop layout design. An elegant and clean design with new fonts and colors for coffee shops and other restaurant business.
- Italian layout design. The old default design is renamed to Italian and becomes a separate option.
- Coffee Shop design for Category module. Now you can style Category module using our custom module style - fwfm-coffee-shop.
- CSS styles section. This feature enables you can edit CSS styles of the component directly via Joomla! admin panel.
- Class suffix in Category module settings. We have added class suffix to Category module settings so you could assign a unique style to the module.
- Images format 100X100. Changed the format for the displaying images from 100X70 to 100X100 in order to avoid images distortion.
- FWFM Navigation. Renamed FWFM Meal Categories module to FWFM Navigation.
- Promo options icons display. Bug resulted in inability to display icons for promo options.
- Modules assignment to the page. Bug caused inability to assign more than one module to the content section of the page.
Version 1.4.0 (Minor) released on 11 Feb 2019, 10 modifications
- New menu front-end design
- New design for promo options (New, Meal of the day, Special)
- New 2 columns menu layout
- New Menu Layout individual options for menu item
- New FWFM Meal Categories Module shows meal category in a module
- New multi price feature allows to add different meal sizes and prices
- New price discounts allows shows discounted prices
- Revised admin panel
- Revised PDF option that allows to upload Full Menu PDF file instead of generating it live. It was too long to wait for online generation and often had design issues.
- Joomla 3.9.x compatibility
Version 1.3.2 (Minor) released on 17 Apr 2018, 2 modifications
- PDF menu genaration improvement
- Joomla 3.8.6 compatibility
Version 1.0.3 (Maintenance) released on 09 Jun 2017, 2 modifications
- Joomla 3.7.2 compatibility
- is_new field bug fixed
Version 1.0.0 (Major) released on 19 Apr 2017, 1 modification
- First extensions release contains FW Food Menu component and FWFM Categories Module.